A couple of weeks ago, we published a post entitled The 10 Laws of Guitar Mastery. For those that aspire to higher levels of guitar playing, this is a must-read.
For those of you that want to follow the commandments more closely, we’ve put together an attractive looking stone tablet graphic (see below) that you can look at to remind you of the steps you need to take to become the virtuoso you desire to be.
Even if you aren’t a guitarist yourself, make sure to share this graphic with all of your guitar friends!
The Laws of Guitar Mastery
In case you need to review, here are the same laws in plain text. They are explained in more detail in the previously mentioned post.
- Practice all the time.
- Jam frequently, especially with musicians that are better than you.
- Don’t accept shortcuts.
- Ask for feedback, especially from qualified professionals.
- Listen to music, especially guitarists and bands you enjoy.
- Observe other guitarists while they are playing.
- Learn to read and transcribe music.
- Learn as many new chords as you can.
- Memorize the neck.
- Learn scales and how to apply them.
Additional Posts for Guitarists
If you’re itching to learn more about guitar and how to become a better player, we have several other posts for you to explore. Check these out for starters:
- Are Guitar Players’ Brains Different From Anyone Else’s?: Scientific Evidence – guitarists do indeed have different brains than those who do not play guitar. Find out why guitarist are so naturally intuitive and spiritual.
- Duesenberg Johnny Depp Artist Series Guitars – actor Johnny Depp considers music his “first love”. Find out why this limited edition guitar is so special.
- 6 Essential Guitar Practice Tips – if you want to become a better guitar player, you need to practice efficiently. This post explains how to organize your practice sessions.